From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openssl upgrade may miss some needed rebuilds
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:42:13
1 Today's upgrade of openssl to 1.0.2g-r1 may cause some necessary
2 rebuilds to fail due to missing symbol errors.
3
4 Example: libcurl was broken and caused the rebuilds of virtualbox and
5 git to fail until I forced a rebuild of curl. Any installed package
6 that is actually linked against openssl will be affected by this,
7 notably curl or wget, which may prevent portage from fetching source
8 files.
9
10 I suggest using quickpkg to back up openssl before the upgrade in case
11 you need to recover urgently in the middle of the update.