From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flags handling
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:44:15
1 On 30/07/2014 22:22, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 30.07.2014 22:18, schrieb Joost Roeleveld:
3 >>> So now you know why ricers swear blind that -pipe in CFLAGS "*doubles*
4 >>> the running speed, dude!"
5 >> It does!
6 >> I enabled -pipe in my CFLAGS and all the software was running a lot faster on
7 >> my new machine compared to my old one ;)
8 >>
9 > aaaaaaahhhhh ahhhh aaaaaahhh thepainmakeitstop
10 >
11 > *g*
12
13 but but but but, -pipe is Gentoo's go-fast-stripes!
14
15 I can see it for myself - my Acer Aspire One and my i7 laptop both have
16 -pipe enabled and the laptop is soooooooooo much faster at compiling! See?
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com