From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:04:14
1 Yanestra <wysiwyg@×××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > just one question: I had a working system yesterday afternoon, but
6 > after the latest eix-sync my mask settings get ignored and the whole
7 > system is about to be updated.
8 >
9 > I have read the news message, and I am baffled. What can I do to keep
10 > my working system as it is?
11
12 I'm using grub so I had to add these two lines to packages.use
13
14 sys-libs/ncurses abi_x86_32
15 sys-libs/gpm abi_x86_32
16
17 and after that doing the following commands:
18
19 emerge -av -C 'app-emulation/emul-linux-x86*'
20 emerge @preserved-rebuild
21
22 That was all I had to do and it worked for me without problems.
23
24 If you have installed more packages depending on 32bit support you
25 probably need more entries in packages.use (emerge should tell you what
26 packages that are).
27
28 The news item said:
29
30 "In most of the cases, Portage will be able to deliver correct
31 suggestions for that when using the --autounmask feature. However, some
32 users may prefer setting ABI_X86 globally to enable 32-bit libraries
33 in all packages that support building them. This can be done using
34 the following package.use entry:
35
36 */* abi_x86_32
37 "
38
39 However I hadn't tested this as I have no need for it.
40
41 I think the best insurance against a broken system is a complete
42 backup. I'm doing this every week anyway but always before a
43 potential risky update procedure.
46 Regards
47 wabe