From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] latest gentoo-sources and nvidia ?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 18:14:44
1 Am 30.03.2014 14:40, schrieb Heiko Baums:
2
3 > The newest: gentoo-sources-3.13.7 and nvidia-drivers-334.21-r1.
4 >
5 > I've installed nvidia-drivers with USE="X acpi multilib tools uvm
6 > -pax_kernel".
7 >
8 > Had to add the USE flag uvm to get it working. And I reconfigured acpi
9 > in the kernel config. But I had some acpi features in my kernel I
10 > didn't need for my hardware anyway, which I removed. I don't know if
11 > this was necessary for nvidia-drivers to get working.
12 >
13 > As framebuffer driver I've compiled the kernel with CONFIG_FB_VESA=y.
14 >
15 > The USE flag multililb is, of course, only necessary if you need it.
16
17 Thanks a lot, very helpful. I followed your suggestions and run gnome
18 now successfully with both the latest (stable) kernel and nvidia-drivers.
19
20 USE-flag acpi ... I don't know if I still need that with systemd, I
21 vaguely remember that it is somehow obsolete then. It pulled in
22 sys-power/acpid now which wasn't there before.
23
24 And /usr/lib64/systemd/system/acpid.service is disabled, so I might test
25 removing it again.
26
27 USE multilib: I don't know? Could someone point out what I could need
28 that for?
29
30 Thanks anyway, Stefan