From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 5.15+ (thru 5.16.5)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 17:09:43
1 On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 08:17:06 +0000, Michael wrote:
2
3 > > I have the same with one machine, see the thread "Kernel 5.15.11 won't
4 > > boot". Nothing there helped me, and I haven't had time to investigate
5 > > further, but there may be something for you.
6 >
7 > I recall reading some foobar with "simple framebuffer" cropping up and
8 > also I found this bug in case it helps with either of your machines:
9 >
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/821406
11
12 That's it, thanks!
13
14 I tried the FB settings but didn't expect it to work as the system really
15 wasn't booting, as opposed to booting with do display.
16
17 Setting CONFIG_GENERIC_CPU=y results in a boot. I had been using
18 CONFIG_MNATIVE_AMD.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Windows - so intuitive you only need a meg of help files!