From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -pv world" output: strange differences after Portage upgrade
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:40:07
1 On Friday 16 February 2007 09:19:11 brullo nulla wrote:
2 > Ok. Now the question is: is the new dbus really installable indeed? I
3 > think "yes" from your explanation, but I want to be triple-sure.
4
5 Of course. You showed that when you provided `emerge -pv dbus` (it didn't say
6 masked by anything)...
7
8 > (In fact, a self-blocking packages looked very odd to me, but...)
9 > (and why has been 0.62-r2 been hard masked so fast?)
10
11 What is often referred to as hard masked isn't the same as masked by missing
12 keyword. Also it wasn't *that* fast. But short answer: because the maintainer
13 doesn't want to maintain old software...
16 Bo Andresen