From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [okey..] [OT] Best *SIMPLE* firewall?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:11:37
1 Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2018, 22:15:59 CET schrieb Walter Dnes:
2 > Is there something besides iptables? It seems to be like
3 > systemd/perl/python, continuously expanding its scope. And no, I'm not
4 > looking for an "easy-peasy front-end gui" that'll probably pull in 90%
5 > of QT as dependancies. I fondly remember IPCHAINS.
6
7 Personally I like nftables (the iptables successor) more. Mostly the same, but
8 in my eyes it's more convenient.
9
10 There are plenty frontends, many of them in net-firewall/ in our tree ;)
11
12 (I tried to use ufw some years ago, but I found it more annoying then
13 helpful.)
16 PS: What about the "suspected spam" in your subject? Is that a bug in the ML
17 software or does that one come from you?
20 GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
21 Nils Freydank