From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome language issue
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:20:21
1 I'd like to have the gnome UI and the shell man/messages in English while paper, monetary
2 and time I'd like to see in Euro format.
3
4 Problem: the gnome 'language and region' applet only displays United States in the
5 Language and Formats entries. There is no '+' to add new formats.
6
7 I have:
8 LINGUAS="en it"
9 L10N="en it"
10 in make.conf.
11
12 locale shows all variables set to en_US, and
13
14 $ locale --all
15 C
16 en_US
17 en_US.iso88591
18 en_US.utf8
19 it_IT@euro
20 it_IT.iso885915@euro
21 it_IT.iso88591@euro
22 POSIX
23
24 Is there anything else I need to do to make the applet list other languages/formats?
25
26 I suppose that once the above is fixed gnome will set the LC_ variables accordingly; to
27 see the same variables in a non-GUI environment I suppose I should also set them through
28 the localectl systemd command, correct?
29
30 thanks,
31
32 raffaele