From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] moving my instalation to new hard drive
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:14:23
1 > Question 2: (This is the main one!) The MBR? As the
2 > new disk is a direct
3 > replacement for the old one, with the same
4 > partitions etc, do I need to
5 > change anything in my grub.conf? or should it just
6 > work without
7 > modification?
8
9 I just did this. My method:
10
11 Duplicate the partitions, file systems.
12
13 Then dd if=[old device] of=[new device] bs=32k for
14 each partition. Note: won't work if new device < old
15 device.
16
17 fschk each file system for corruption.
18
19 Remove or reformat other drive for storage etc.
20
21 Install grub on the partition of choice.
22
23 That's it!
27 Looking for last minute shopping deals?
28 Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list