From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI packages
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 12:58:24
1 On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:13:38 +0200, hw wrote:
2
3 > Since someone said I should use the same python target for everything,
4 > I set one globally. Why wouldn´t that target be used?
5
6 It will, unless overridden per-package, but existing software will still
7 be installed with the old settings.
8
9 > Even if that would work, I can´t update portage before it´s updated to
10 > a version which can work with EAPI 6 packages, and it can´t be updated
11 > before it can work with EAPI 6 packages.
12
13 Which EAPI6 packages does the latest portage require? If it really
14 requires EAPI6 to upgrade from EAPI5, this is a bug, but one that would
15 have been reported and dealt with swiftly.
16
17 > So the only way to update would be step by step. I´m probably willing
18 > to try that, but I expect other problems when doing that, like with
19 > updating perl. And I can´t do that because it is required that perl
20 > works when the updating is done.
21
22 Forget your Perl experience, that was a completely different issue.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Weird enough for government work.