From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get Java 1.3 SDK ebuilds...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:50:35
1 On 9/18/06, Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > According to eix -I sdk only SDK versions from 1.4 upwards are available
4 > for installation. I might need 1.3 SDK variants too for maintenance of
5 > old product versions (it is not THAT simple to get a customer to upgrade
6 > :-), so - are there some ebuilds for 1.3 JDK versions around?
7
8 You can pull the ebuilds out of /var/db/pkg/ on your old system and
9 put them in your local overlay. You could also pull them from
10 Gentoo's CVS repository [1]. Just be warned that since they are
11 unmaintained now, you may have some fixing to do.
12
13 -Richard
14
15 [1] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-java/sun-jdk/?hideattic=0