From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel2.6.33: ATA failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED, hard resetting link
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:32:53
1 On 26/03/10 20:17, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > I'm using kernel 2.6.33 and ahci driver for the SATA controllers.
5 I never had good results with the ahci driver - hardware-specific
6 drivers have always worked better for me.
7
8 > Another possibility is that I need to increase voltage on the
9 > motherboard, since it is running 6 hdd's and 1 DVD-ROM. I'll have to
10 > research to see which voltage is related to this. (X58 motherboard)
13 No, no, no! Don't touch the motherboard voltages! They have nothing
14 to do with the connected drives. Surely you must have noticed that
15 power to the drives comes directly from the power supply. If the
16 drives are not receiving sufficient voltage, a new, bigger power supply
17 is the only option.
20 Be lucky,
21
22 Neil
23 http://www.neiljw.com/
27 This message has been scanned for viruses and
28 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
29 believed to be clean.