From: Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on MacBook
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 03:51:17
1 * Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com> [08/09/11 23:30]:
2 > * covici@××××××××××.com <covici@××××××××××.com> [08/09/11 23:18]:
3 > > Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > > Hi There,
6 > > >
7 > > > I am trying to install Gentoo dual boot on a MacBook Pro (17 inch). I
8 > > > have refit installed, but the problem is that I cannot boot from the CD
9 > > > (the option is not available in the menu). I was wondering if someone
10 > > > knows how to do it.
11 > >
12 > > What happens if you hold the c key when you hear the chime -- keep
13 > > holding for a minute or so and it should boot from the cd.
16 > That helped, thanks!
19 I was happy to soon... It now boots, but after asking me about keyboard
20 layout, it tries to find the cdrom and fails, with messages like:
21
22 Looking for CDROM
23
24 Attempting to mount media /dev/sda1
25 Attempting to mount media /dev/sda2
26 Attempting to mount media /dev/sda3
27 Attempting to mount media /dev/sda4
28 Media not found
29 Determining root device...
30 Could not find the root block device in .
31 Please specify another value or: press Enter for the same, type "shell
32 for a shell, or "q" to skip
33
34 (The /dev/sda* are partitions on my HD).
35
36 Thanks,
37 Moshe