From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:49:51
1 Howdy,
2
3 I got the drive and pvmove is doing its thing.  I would like to unplug
4 one of the drives and physically move them around without shutting down
5 my system.  Is there a way to tell LVM to disable the drives while I'm
6 doing this and restart them when done?  I found the command vgchange -a
7 n<name> but I'm not sure if that is correct.  Honestly, I want to be
8 really sure before I unplug things.  I assume the "n" changes to "y" to
9 restart them?
10
11 Thanks.
12
13 Dale
14
16
17 P. S.  BTW, the drive has passed two new tests with no error.  The tests
18 are slower than usual tho.  I'm not sure why tho.