From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorizedoutput?!?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:08:18
1 On Wednesday 04 April 2007 15:57:40 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > I am told the ~ platform is testing. No it is not, or should not
3 > be; it is one thing to release new features which may or may not be
4 > finished, but entirely different to release untested code.
5
6 ~ARCH is testing, don't run it if you aren't willing to test code and file
7 bugs. The handbook is clear on this point.
8
9 Its not completely untested code, though. The developer that marks it as
10 ~ARCH should have compiled and run the program to his or her satisfaction
11 on
12 that ARCH. At that point, the developer can (rightly) feel free to release
13 the package to those users that have **VOLUNTARILY chosen to test new
14 packages* by running ~ARCH.
15
16 I'm not saying don't run ~ARCH at all; but if you do, you have chosen to
17 test
18 the software and should file bugs, even if that takes some time.
19
20 > Nazis
21
22 Godwin!!
25 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
26 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
27 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
28 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/