From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chromium-65.0.3325.146 compilation warnings
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:28:20
1 On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I can see a few warnings pilling up on different systems when trying to emerge
3 > chromium-65.0.3325.146:
4 >
5 > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-enum-compare-switch'; did you mean '-
6 > Wno-enum-compare'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]
7 > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-tautological-unsigned-zero-compare' [-
8 > Wunknown-warning-option]
9 > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic'; did you mean
10 > '-Wno-null-arithmetic'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]
11 > warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-tautological-constant-compare'; did you
12 > mean '-Wno-tautological-pointer-compare'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]
13 > 4 warnings generated.
14 >
15 > Does this mean I should be using a different gcc or CFLAGS?
16 >
17 > They mostly are:
18 >
19 > CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
20 >
21 > --
22 > Regards,
23 > Mick
24
25 On my x86 system, I've been seeing similar warnings being generated by
26 clang when compiling the ffmpeg that comes with chromium.
27 I've also hit another bug related to that, where clang compilation
28 terminates with an error message along the lines of there being not
29 enough registers available.
30 There's a bug registered for that in chromium bugzilla, which I can't
31 reference at the moment. So far, no solution has been implemented, as
32 far as I could tell.