From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Correct Setup for DVDRAM
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:58:54
1 meino.cramer@×××.de schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > since I own a LG HD-LT-DT GSA-4163B bruner, which
5 > allows to burn DVDRAM discs I try to generate a
6 > setup, which successfully writes data to a DVDRAM.
7 >
8 > Everything else works fine. But writing a complete DVDRAM
9 > takes "hours". As recommended I use UDF as the filesystem
10 > of choice -- no unnessary rewrite of the same sectors of
11 > the DVDRAM.
12 >
13 > I tried to use packet-writing but ot does not help.
14 >
15 > Is there any "definite" recipe how setup everything to
16 > get any reasonable transfer rate to and from the DVDRAM
17 > or is it simply not possible with Linux?
18 >
19 > Any help is very appreciated -- thank you very much in advance!
20 > mcc
23 I've given up packet writing a long time ago. It never worked for me.
24
25 IMHO both udftools and the kernel driver are not really usable (just try
26 udffsck ...) and with the advent of flash memory I don't think anyone
27 will invest a lot of work in either one.