From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cannot have the default USE='static pam' for sys-apps/busybox
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:46:51
1 While doing recent wold updates I get the following message:
2
3 * Messages for package sys-apps/busybox-1.23.0-r1:
4 * You cannot have USE='static pam'. Assuming static is more important.
5
6 However, I never set any of those two flags neither in /etc/portage/make.conf
7 no in /etc/portage/packag.use. So, it is set by default.
8
9 So, why the massage above?
10
11 Now, after finally setting
12 sys-apps/busybox -pam
13 in /etc/portage/packag.use and rebuilding the package, I have
14
15 $ equery uses busybox
16 [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
17 [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
18 [ Colors : set, unset ]
19 * Found these USE flags for sys-apps/busybox-1.23.0-r1:
20 U I
21 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
22 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
23 + + ipv6 : Add support for IP version 6
24 - - livecd : !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used during livecd building
25 - - make-symlinks : Create all the appropriate symlinks in /bin and /sbin.
26 - - math : Enable math support in gawk (requires libm)
27 - - mdev : Create the appropriate symlink in /sbin and install mdev.conf and support files
28 - + pam : Add support for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) - DANGEROUS to arbitrarily flip
29 - - savedconfig : Use this to restore your config from /etc/portage/savedconfig ${CATEGORY}/${PN}. Make sure your USE flags allow for appropriate dependencies
30 - - sep-usr : Support a separate /usr without needing an initramfs by booting with init=/ginit
31 + + static : Make the system rescue shell (/bin/bb) static so you can recover even when glibc is broken
32 - - syslog : Enable support for syslog
33 - - systemd : Support systemd
34
35 which confirms that +pam and +static has been set in busybox by default.