From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Openrc now on Arch LInux
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:13:09
1 taozhijiang <taozhijiang <at> tp-link.com.cn> writes:
5 >> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenRC
6
7 >> Anyone tested openrc on Arch linux? I have read in several places
8 >> that Arch linux has moved to systemd, exclusively?
11 > why ask this question in Gentoo user land?
12
13 Openrc is developed by Gentoo folks. [1]
14 Some debian activity around openrc lately (Devuan) and others.
15 As codes spread to multiple operating systems, the codes usually
16 improves and newfeatures get added and the code becomes more 'robust' imho.
17
18 I like openrc and researching about other usages (embedded linux too)
19 is a curiosity I find enlightening. Openrc is part of gentoo,
20 although it can and is being used elsewhere in other distros.
21
22 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/openrc/
25 James