From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound problems on catherine.espersunited.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:54:03
1 On Tuesday 02 May 2006 8:51 am, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I fixed it. I feel really stupid about it too. When I was helping her
3 > to diagnose the problem, I asked her to open the volume control and make
4 > sure everything was turned up all the way. She said it was, and when I
5 > checked in alsamixer, everything was turned up all the way. However,
6 > when I sat down at her computer and opened the volume control applet,
7 > the PCM was turned all the way down. I raised the level and now the
8 > sound works again...
9
10 Hey thats good to hear. Hope your wife wasnt to grumpy :). Sometimes its the
11 simplest things that are the hardest to figure.
12 --
13 Stewie Griffin: Forecast for tomorrow; A few sprinkles of genius with a chance
14 of doom.