From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking sites for some users
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:39:25
1 On Sunday 24 Jan 2016 16:57:38 Thomas Doczkal wrote:
2 > On 01/24/2016 07:51 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > What do people use these days to filter out websites?
6 >
7 > I guess what you want to implement is a proxy server.
8 >
9 > > I would prefer to have a white-list and block everything else. With the
10 > > option to bypass this filter for certain authenticated users.
11 >
12 > I think a proxy Server is able to achieve this.
13 >
14 > > Reason: I don't want my daughter to see unsuitable websites when she
15 > > starts
16 > > looking for cat pictures and instead of wasting time identifying every
17 > > single p*rn site in the world, I would prefer to simply white-list sites
18 > > she wants to go to after checking them.
19 >
20 > Well I'm not sure if you can achieve this sort of censorship with a
21 > proxy server, but might be possible.
22 > Nevertheless white-listing will be hard work. I don't know if privoxy[1]
23 > is able to white-list, but I would give it a try and find out. This post
24 > [2] looks promising if you can blacklist everything in the first run
25 > (but don't know how) and then white list just the domains you want.
26 >
27 > > Thanks,
28 > >
29 > > Joost