From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Asus Eee Gentoo install - no CD drive
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:01:10
1 On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It is possible to get a Gentoo LiveCD running happily on a USB flash
3 > drive. I'm currently running Ubuntu eee on my 701, but before that I
4 > attempted a Gentoo install on it. It is nothing short of the biggest
5 > pain in the butt I could have imagined. But if you like a
6 > challenge...
7 >
8 > D
12 Come to think of it, why wouldn't a simple:
13
14 dd if="/path/to/gentoo-livecd.iso" of=/dev/<flash drive>
15
16 not work? I think I've done the successfully with a Gentoo minimal
17 install CD, but I don't remember.