From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mount umount and xterm freeze
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:22:47
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:02:07 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> So far I've used the old MS refrain `reboot, reboot, and reboot' to
6 >> clear up the mounts but I'm sure there is some better way or maybe a
7 >> way to prevent this from the start.
8 >
9 > umount -l /mount/point
10
11 Using that I see the problem mnts disappear from `mount' output
12 alright. But those shares cannot be remounted following that command.
13
14 Trying to mount them following the umount -l (1 hr later). Just hangs
15 the command. However it isn't such a persistent hang and the normal
16 ^c will kill it.
17
18 Still I can't get to those shares without a reboot of gentoo it seems.
19 That reboot must clear something that probably can be cleared manually
20 without a reboot....
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list