From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Huge downloads approx. every 2 minutes
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 05:30:29
1 On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > after noticing huge downloads circa ever 2 minutes naturally I wanted to
5 > stop that. :) After a reboot followed by startx which opened icewm I
6 > issued the command
7 > sudo ngrep -t -d net0 | tee system-ngrep_log.txt
8 > in a xterm and waited for one occurrence.
9 >
10 > Full log: www.triffids.de/pub/tmp/system-ngrep_log.txt.gz (5,6MB)
11 >
12 > How to determine the culprit?
13 >
14 > Hartmut
17 Port 995 there indicates SSL POP mail. If you don't know/recall what
18 process is polling for that, a run of "netstat -p" while it's active
19 should give the pid and name for it. If I recall, "netstat -p" might
20 need root.
23 Poison [BLX]
24 Joshua M. Murphy