From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:01:02
1 On 29 Jun 2008, at 12:05, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2
3 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Stroller wants to hear *your* point of view. As a token of respect
6 >> for
7 >> all the users of your software (the original, not the fork) who are
8 >> here and reading this, could you please just describe your position,
9 >> and omit all references as to why other points of view are wrong.
10 >
11 > He wrote that he is pissed off...
12 >
13 > If he did not attack me, then he at least does not care whether he
14 > could.
15
16 I wrote that the *thread* - digressing from useful discussion about
17 software tools and into religion - was pissing me off.
18
19 I asked because I wanted to hear your point of view and your reason
20 (for changing license to CDDL). This is not very obvious when
21 searching the web, and the reason given on your website (which I only
22 found after asking the question) is somewhat vague.
23
24 Why is the CDDL "more free" and why do you particularly like it?
25
26 I wanted to hear your opinion and what you wanted to say - I was
27 genuinely interested in your side of the story. Considering how much
28 else you've written in this thread that seems little enough to ask.
29
30 When I searched the web I rather expected to find loads of mailing-
31 list posts, blog entries and other articles and that half of them
32 would announce what a rotter you are, the other half how poor old
33 Joerg has been stitched up. But it is NOT so obvious from Googling.
34
35 Since this is the case you would benefit your case by explaining
36 better on your website.
37
38 As I told you already I might quite aggressively support your
39 software if you would just make the effort to convince me. No one
40 else on this list mistook my question for antagonism. I deliberately
41 tried to be polite and tactful when asking you, and it did me no good
42 at all! Frankly, therefore, I can see why everyone is "against you"
43 if you insist on misconstruing an innocent question as an attack. If
44 my example is anything to go by then I can only assume that the whole
45 Debian and Bloch fiasco is the result of your own over-reaction
46 (sorry to be so honest about how I see things!).
47
48 Stroller.
51 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list