From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: video driver discovery
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:23:40
1 Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:35:35 +0000 (UTC)
4 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> How can I verify which driver(version) it is using?
6 >
7 > Read /etc/log/Xorg.0/log
8 > It will tell you which driver it loaded.
9
10 Sorry to butt in here.. but Robert can you show a line from your log
11 that IDs the driver... I'm getting really confused looking at that
12 log. It shows literally dozens of things `loading'. Its not clear
13 where whatever is being loaded came from... what installed package or
14 driver.
15
16 Its probably right in front of me, but I'm not seeing it, or not
17 recognizing what I see as being very useful I guess.