From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] HTPC and Gentoo
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:54:36
1 So I've got Inara in position to be my HTPC box. Tried installing
2 MythTV, but I can't make heads or tails of how to have it do the
3 things I'd like it to do:
4
5 * Play DVDs inserted into the DVD drive
6 * Hit streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Youtube, etc.
7 * Play video and audio files I already have.
8 * Launch games like StepMania and/or Frets on Fire.
9
10 ( Note, I don't have a video capture card installed. I haven't yet
11 picked one up that will do ATSC. Once I do, I'll be attaching it to an
12 antenna. )
13
14 I've looked at both the official Gentoo wiki page and the page on the
15 unofficial Gentoo wiki, but neither gets me any farther than I already
16 am. I'm not even committed to using MythTV; any fullscreen HTPC
17 interface that operates at 720p is fine.
20 :wq