From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial port over ethernet
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:04:55
1 Am Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2008 schrieb Zdenek Travnicek:
2
3 > I would like to connect serial port from remote machine to my laptop and
4 > use it for PIC programmer. (both machines are running gentoo)
5 > It's easy to tunnel data using nc or similar tool, but it won't give me
6 > ioctl access to the port itself. (Or did I miss something?)
7 > Is there any tool/project that exports the whole device and make virtual
8 > one on the local side?
9
10 I know there's a serial port server tool which allows remote machines to
11 access the servers serial ports over ethernet, by telnet'ing to a specific
12 port. We use it at work in the lab, but I'm on vacation right know so I can't
13 ask what's the name.
14
15 Bye...
16