From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: migrating to LVM
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:17:09
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:11:55 -0400, Don Jerman wrote:
4 > So / and /boot will be smallish physical partitions - I use the minimum
5 > size for /boot and around 10G for root, and LVM manages anything that
6 > gets dynamically large or uncertain like /home/, /opt/, and application
7 > directories like /var/lib/mythtv/ or /var/spool/mail/.
8 > Anything that starts to eat up a large part of my root partition is a
9 > candidate for copying over to a LV later on.
12 Awesome, thanks for the background info.
16 -Thufir
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list