From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic on 5.4.2 - not sure of cause yet
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 15:18:35
1 On 2019-12-10 21:31, Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > I have been getting relatively consistent kernel panics on some call to
3 > find_css_set and sometimes a stack trace that mentions cgroups.
4 >
5 > On 5.4.0 I don't get this same crash and I added blocking of
6 > auto-loading nvidia under the ramdisk just in case that's the issue, as
7 > I was sometimes getting a similar crash on 5.4.0.
8 >
9 > /etc/default/grub:
10 >
11 > GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES=lvm
12 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd
13 > systemd.legacy_systemd_cgroup_controller=yes rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia
14 > rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia_modeset rd.driver.blacklist=nvidia_drm"
15 > GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="keep"
16 >
17 > The reason the legacy argument is there is because Docker won't work
18 > under the new cgroups, for now.
19 >
20 > I have a couple of modules, but the one that sticks out most is nvidia.
21 > This is the one I see in the stack trace. I have not seen a bug report
22 > on Gentoo or Nvidia's end.
23 >
24 > For now I've masked >5.4.0 gentoo-sources.
25 >
26 > Anyone else getting a similar issue?
27 >
28 > Thanks
29 > Andrew
32 I have just installed fresh new gentoo installs with 5.4.2 and both
33 machines use nvidia-drivers - I have not seen this at all.
34
35 I have been doing a fair bit of compiling on one of the machines and
36 haven't had any hiccups whatsoever.
37
38 Dan