From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a simple video editor?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:03:12
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2016-06-11, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >>> I've got a handful of mp4 video clips (a minute or two each). All I
5 >>> want to do is
6 >>>
7 >>> 1) Concatenate them with fade-in at beginning of each clip and fade-out
8 >>> at the end of each clip.
9 >>>
10 >>> 2) Superimpose a title at the beginning for a few seconds.
11 >>>
12 >>> Can anybody recomment a simple video editor?
13 >> Here is a couple more video editors that you may want to look into.
14 >>
15 >> Kdenlive kde-apps/kdenlive
16 >>
17 >> Avidemux media-video/avidemux
18 >>
19 >> The first one is KDE based. Last time I used it, it was large but had
20 >> lots of fancy stuff it could do.
21 > Yea, I was hoping not to install KDE.
22 >
23 >> The second one has both a gtk and qt based version. I'm guessing
24 >> that is controlled by USE flags. I seem to have both of them here.
25 >> :/
26 > Thanks. I may try avidemux.
27 >
28 > Right now I'm experimenting with mlt's "melt" command line editor. It
29 > seems to produces small, high-quality output files. I've figured out
30 > how to do video fade-in, fade-out, but can't get audio fade-in/out to
31 > work yet.
34 Well, if it does the video, it should have a audio option to one would
35 think.
36
37 Dale
38