From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What's firing up wireless on this laptop?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 09:00:54
1 I have noticed a laptop using metalog as its logging system (so I don't have
2 to run logrotate on its logs to clear out old files) at least once a day
3 activates its wireless card and its bluetooth card and what looks like an OEM
4 back up button on its keyboard. Then the bluetooth starts flashing as if it
5 is searching for something to connect to, followed by the wireless. Looking
6 at top, ps, lsof and netstat I have not managed to find out what is running to
7 cause this behaviour. All I've come up with is anacron:
8
9 4735 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/anacron -s
10 5867 ? SN 0:00 \_ run-parts /etc/cron.daily
11 5919 ? SN 0:00 \_ /bin/sh /etc/cron.daily/mlocate
12 5926 ? DN 0:00 \_ /usr/bin/updatedb -f
13
14 I've hardly used metalog over the years, but I don't think metalog is using
15 anacron to rotate its log files - I haven't found anything in /etc/cron.* to
16 indicate this is so.
17
18 Any idea what might be causing this?
19 --