From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flash lockups
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:24:50
2 > I upgraded to openrc 10 days ago and didn't notice anything untoward, but
3 > after a few days Firefox 3.6.17 started reporting that it couldn't find
4 > Flash. (I only use Flash for the BBC I-Player service.) I tried Opera,
5 > Chrome and Seamonkey, and they either said the same or just sat and looked
6 > at me when asked to stream audio.
9 I'm amd64 too, but run ~amd64 for flash and Firefox. 10.2 was a real piece
10 of crap, but 10.3 has just hit portage and it seems fine so far.
11
12 On a related note, who's using gnash (which is in portage), or lightspark
13 (in portage but masked)? Are they drop in replacements for flash? As they're
14 source I imagine they may be a better alternative for amd64 than the 32 bit
15 adobe player.