From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network Topology Diagrams
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:44:33
1 Hello one and all,
2
3 It's been a while since I've created diagrams.
4 I'd be curious to learn what tools (software
5 ebuilds) and techniques that folks employ to:
6
7 Graphically map an existing network topology.
8 Create new designs and implementation details
9 a proposed Network Topology Design.
10 Create paper printable diagrams. I'm thinking
11 about getting an 11 x 17 color printer for
12 the actual printed (paper) diagrams.
13
14 It'd be nice to include (graphical colors)
15 that shows wireless, cat(5), fiber and
16 POE segments in different colors, even if
17 I have to manually edit what a software
18 tool cannot distinguish within it's features.
19
20 BISCI, RCDD, TIA, NEC and any other related
21 standards or regulatory (regardless of country)
22 types of related issues and support
23 are of interest, but not necessary for a
24 general response and discussion.
25
26 Hopefully the industry has move passed creating
27 much of these sorts of materials, uniquely by hand,
28 using Autocad?
29
30 All comments and suggestions are welcome.
31 Templates are most welcome!
32
33 James