From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A8V motherboard defective ?
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:51:16
1 On Tuesday 30 May 2006 02:01, Joseph wrote:
2 > I removed one memory stick (running only on one in B1) and it
3 > compiled just fine and it keeps compiling, I swap memory sticks
4 > (replacing the one in
5 > B1 with the one I removed from A1) still running on one memory stick
6 > and it keeps compiling just fine, no errors.  So it would indicate
7 > the memory sticks are OK.
8 >
9 > Should I suspect the motherboard?
10
11 I have the same MB, and I seem to remember it can run with A1+A2 or
12 B1+B2 with a little performance loss.
13
14 If the power supply unit and temperature are ok (triple check PSU!),
15 then it is likely the MB being defective if it is unable to bear two
16 memory sticks that perform well when plugged one at the time.
17
18 Ciao
19 Francesco
20 --
21 Linux Version 2.6.16-gentoo-r8, Compiled #2 PREEMPT Mon May 29 20:21:56
23 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2007.31 Bogomips Total
24 aemaeth
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list