From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD vs. Intel on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:21:22
1 Chris Walters <cjw2004d <at> comcast.net> writes:
4 > As for the performance tests, they are not generally a very good measure of how
5 > well a processor will perform in the real world. AMD and Intel have been in
6 > competition for the #1 spot since AMD was formed, and for a long time AMD was
7 > ahead of Intel on a number of factors (performance and cost being two). Give
8 > it some time, and you'll see a turn around, IMHO. I can't be certain, since I
9 > haven't been keeping up with industry news, as I should, but I believe that AMD
10 > has always had the better engineers.
13 Well stated. Here's a tidbit where Intel is being sued by U of Wisconsin for
14 Patent infringement related to the core 2....
17 http://www.siliconvalley.com/latestheadlines/ci_8209087
23 James
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list