From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Another issue/questions updating udev from 164-r2 to 171-r5
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:36:08
1 I just updated these, and am unsure how to deal with the issues...
2
3 First issue:
4
5 ***************************
6
7 Found sources for kernel version:
8 3.0.6-gentoo
9 Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
10 ERROR: setup
11 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_BSG: is not set when it should be.
12 WARN: setup
13 Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
14 Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
15
16 I can probably find this when make'ing the new kernel, but if someone
17 knows exactly where to find it that would be appreciated.
18
19 ***************************
20
21 Next issue/question (from post install log):
22
23 ***************************
24
25 LOG: postinst
26
27 Updating persistent-net rules file
28
29 restarting udevd now.
30
31 persistent-net does assigning fixed names to network devices.
32 If you have problems with the persistent-net rules,
33 just delete the rules file
34 rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
35 and then reboot.
36
37 This may however number your devices in a different way than they are now.
38
39 So - how do I know if I need to worry about this?
40
41 ****************************
42
43 Next issue/question (from post install log):
44
45 ****************************
46
47 WARN: postinst
48
49 If you build an initramfs including udev, then please
50 make sure that the /sbin/udevadm binary gets included,
51 and your scripts changed to use it,as it replaces the
52 old helper apps udevinfo, udevtrigger, ...
53
54 mount options for directory /dev are no longer
55 set in /etc/udev/udev.conf, but in /etc/fstab
56 as for other directories.
57
58 If you use /dev/md/*, /dev/loop/* or /dev/rd/*,
59 then please migrate over to using the device names
60 /dev/md*, /dev/loop* and /dev/ram*.
61 The devfs-compat rules have been removed.
62 For reference see Bug #269359.
63
64 Rules for /dev/hd* devices have been removed
65 Please migrate to libata.
66
67 How do I know if I need to worry about any of this stuff? I'm a bit lost
68 here...
69
70 Thanks for any advice/comments...
71