From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about gparted
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:27:39
1 On 3/25/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 25 March 2007, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote
3 > about '[gentoo-user] Questions about gparted':
4 > > 1) It complains about being unable to open /dev/nbd1 throught (sic)
5 > > /dev/nbd16; I have no idea what these are.
6 >
7 > Block devices exposed by the 'nbd' module. The nbd module allows block
8 > devices to be exported and imported over the network, similar to iSCSI or
9 > SATAoE, but is non-standard (AFAIK) and currently only useful is
10 > homogeneous Linux environments (since other OSes don't have support for
11 > it).
12 >
13 > It's a bit odd that you have those device nodes. udev shouldn't create
14 > them until they are imported. Delete them, then run 'udevtrigger &&
15 > udevsettle' (as root) and see if they are recreated.
16
17 Yes they are recreated. I'm not aware of anything on this system that
18 would use such a feature unless a USB thumb drive qualifies.
19
20 ++ kevin
23 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
24 --