From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java EE 6
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:19:57
1 On 7/1/10, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I would like to install Java EE 6, but not sure of the package name. A
3 > while back J2EE was rename to JEE and now the latest version is Java EE
4 > 6. The portage tree doesn't have anything when a search is done on JEE
5 > or "java ee", but a search on J2EE results in the following.
6 >
7 > # emerge --search j2ee
8 > Searching...
9 > [ Results for search key : j2ee ]
10 > [ Applications found : 2 ]
11 >
12 > * dev-java/sun-j2ee [ Masked ]
13 > Latest version available: 1.3.1-r4
14 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
15 > Size of files: 14,515 kB
16 > Homepage: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/
18 > License: sun-bcla-j2ee
19 >
20 > How do I find Java EE 6?
21
22 I think you can try installing it piecemeal from components listed in
23 here (the names will need some guessing on Gentoo, but you'll probably
24 get what you need by picking an implementation of some of the
25 features, like hibernate or tomcat):
26
27 http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/javaee6sdk_contents.jsp
28
29 I haven't seen a meta-package which would pull everything in, though.
32 Arttu V.