From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:49:21
1 On Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2008, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'd hazard a guess that you may have hit a bigger problem than your
4 > > comment indicates. I'm pretty sure there would be great pressure to
5 > > use `quick and dirty hacks' to get stuff done when devs are nearly
6 > > always overworked.
7 >
8 > Actually, they IMHO *are*. Look at the large amount of patches in the
9 > tree and the uncountable discussions which are not gentoo specific.
10 > And the same happens also in other distros. An really large amount
11 > of work could be done easily outside specific distros, but in an
12 > more general way.
13 >
14 > But as long as the devs refuse cooperation with such distro-agnostic
15 > (meta-)projects like OSS-QM, there aren't much changes for it
16 > becoming better ;-P
17
18 so your ranting is nothing but pushing your little pet project?
19
20 Distro devs are working together already. When they discuss stuff on the
21 upstream mls and send their patches there.
22
23 Oh, and have you ever recognized, that a lot of gentoo patches come from other
24 distros? No?
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list