From: Chris Brennan <xaero@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of Gentoo
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:01:15
1 > The problem is that we don't believe in tales about witches and premonition, do we? ;)
2
3 I do, does that count?
4
5 > Some people call it yellow press (though in my country it would be translated
6 > to "pink press" :P. This gets kind of boring, because every two or three days
7 > a similar thread arises in the forum or here. Once a year I answer this kind
8 > of topic (I usually just silently ignore them).
9
10 Bad press In general should just about do it. If in doubt, /. it first.
11 If it's been /.'d, dig, if you can dig it. Something is afoot, and we
12 all need to be paying attention :D
13
14 > Right now, gentoo is stronger than ever. Monthly newsletter works again, and
15 > they are better than ever. The legal issues with the foundation (about papers
16 > and bureaucracy) are all now solved and portage is maintained and updated
17 > everyday. I figure how a person that use gentoo can question these things...
18 > So I figure if any of the persons who open this kind of threads are really using
19 > Gentoo for anything else than installing it to be cooler.
20
21 Gentoo is like a cult ... it can't easily be killed.
22
23 "Every generation has a mythology. Every millenium has a doomsday cult.
24 Every legend gets the distortion knob wound up until the speaker melts.
25 Archeologists at the University of Helsinki today uncovered what could
26 be the earliest known writings from the Cult of Tux, a fanatical
27 religious sect that flourished during the early Silicon Age, around the
28 dawn of the third millenium AD..." Gospel of Tux, Verse I
29
30 > No offense intended. As I said, this just gets boring after 1000 posts telling
31 > the same. It kind of seems like spam to me.
32
33 It's dead, squashed, flattened, ya hear :D (very poor Capone imitation)
34
35 > Saludos :)
36 --
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list