From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I guess it is time to update udev from 171-r10 to 197-r8...
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:12:55
1 On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:33:50 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > Ah, ok... but as for the rest... I should be able to safely upgrade
4 > udev, with a reasonable (I know there are no guarantees) expectation of
5 > everything 'just working' (ie, my lvm managed /usr partition shouldn't
6 > be an issue like it would have been earlier on in this process)?
7
8 It worked for me on more than one machine, but that's no guarantee that
9 it will even work for me again, let alone for you.
10
11 It should work, and if it doesn't, at least you get to keep the pieces...
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 New sig wanted good price paid.