From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only one sound channel with SB live value
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:12:42
1 On Sunday 16 April 2006 14:02, Stewart Taylor wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > I've just put together a system using
5 > some old kit I've got. Everything seems
6 > OK except the sound card. Before I go
7 > any further the system is also setup to
8 > boot Win98 and the sound card is fine
9 > when running Win98. With the Labtec
10 > stereo speakers plugged into the front
11 > speaker socket sound only comes from the
12 > left speaker, if I use KMix and set the
13 > balance slider fully to the right and
14 > turn the volume right up, some sound
15 > comes through the right speaker. If I
16 > plug the speakers into the rear output
17 > socket the sound comes from both
18 > speakers. I've been trying to fix this
19 > for a couple of weeks with no joy.
20 >
21 > Hope someone can help with this
22
23 My money's on a dodgy jack, cable connection, etc. I wouldn't think that this
24 is a software problem (not until all hardware fault avenues have been
25 exhausted).
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick