From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Openconnect overwriting /etc/resolv.conf
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:06:58
1 Been using openconnect for a few years now.
2 I currently have net-misc/openconnect-7.06-r1 installed.
3 This morning, when logged in at a remote site, I noticed that when
4 clicking, or typing, nothing would happen. Which somehow seemed to
5 result in a similar behavior back on the local system, i.e. attempting
6 to type commands in terminal had stopped working.
7
8 Having rebooted my system and poked around system log and config
9 files, I noticed that my /etc/resolv.conf got overwritten by
10 openconnect. Further investigation indicated that it is done by design
11 via this script: /etc/openconnect/openconnect.sh.
12 I do not know if this is a recent change in openconnect's behaviour, I
13 had no trouble of this sort doing remote work on the same system
14 yesterday.
15
16 An ad-hoc solution I have found online and applied to my environment is this:
17 http://serverfault.com/questions/331299/how-can-i-stop-openconnect-from-changing-etc-resolv-conf
18 chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf
19
20 This seems to have helped. I can click and type both on remote systems
21 and the local one with no trouble at all.
22
23 Anyone else experienced this?
24 What are your thoughts and suggestions on the matter?
25
26 Thanks.