From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with my USE= statement in /etc/portage/make.conf?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 21:14:59
1 On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 04:45:06PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > The ansifilter package won't build on this system yet. Certainly one to
3 > get in future though.
4
5 I'll see if I can send you a binary off-list. It's not a particularly
6 complicated package, so I reckon you should be able to run a pre-compiled
7 executable without many issues.
8
9 > I have a /etc/portage/package.use subdirectory containing zz-autounmask
10 > file.
11 > Do I need to append sys-auth/polkit elogind to the end of that
12 > zz-autounmask file?
13
14 If package.use is a directory, that's fine (and recommended). Every file in the
15 directory, and any subdirectories, contains package.use entries, all
16 concatenated together by Portage when processing. If you want, you could append
17 the entry to zz-autounmask, but you could also do something more elegant:
18
19 /etc/portage/package.use $ mkdir sys-auth
20 /etc/portage/package.use $ echo "sys-auth/polkit elogind" > sys-auth/polkit
24 Ashley Dixon
25 suugaku.co.uk
28 DA96 D18A
29 8A7B B0D2