From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Apache HTTPD] Why doesn't my RewriteRule fire?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:33:12
1 On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Hilco Wijbenga
2 <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >  RewriteRule ^/website$    http://localhost/website/ [T]
4 >  ProxyPassMatch    ^/website/(.*)$
5 > http://localhost:8000/website/$1
6 > </VirtualHost>
7 >
8 > The ProxyPassMatch fires but (AFAICT) the RewriteRule does not. I.e.
9 > http://localhost/website (no slash) ==> 404 (in fact, it's trying to
10 > serve /var/www/localhost/htdocs/website) but http://localhost/website
11 > (with slash) ==> works.
12
13 Disclaimer: I am not an Apache guru :)
14
15 You have [T] as third parameter to RewriteRule, which is used to
16 specify a MIME type, but you're not specifying anything. Maybe that
17 invalidates the rule. Try removing it.
18
19 You can also specify multiple RewriteRules which are processed in
20 sequence, if trailing slash works maybe you need to first add a rule
21 convert URL with no slash to URL with slash:
22
23 RewriteRule ^/website$ /website/ [R]