From: methylherd <listen@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Don't start a new thread by changing the subject
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:15:21
1 Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2011, 10:09:17 schrieb Marc Joliet:
2 > Am Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:12:26 -0700
3 >
4 > schrieb kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>:
5 > > I've noticed this a couple of times this week. A few of you have
6 > >
7 > > responded to the annoying Fortran thread, changed the subject, started a
8 > > new message, and sent the email starting a new thread.
9 >
10 > I have not noticed this. Scanning through the thread, I do not see any
11 > subject changes.
12 >
13 > > Because you responded to an existing thread you are not creating a new
14 > >
15 > > thread and thus and reducing the size of the audience that reads your
16 > > email. Specially I'd have responded to "open source monitoring on
17 > > gentoo", but since I deleted the Fortran thread in its boring entirety I
18 > > didn't even see it until I saw a response further down the chain today.
19 > > Whoever started Fbsplash did the same thing.
20 >
21 > For me, both of the threads you mention appear as their own threads (using
22 > claws-mail). So I checked the email sources and could not find any
23 > "References" headers in either of the thread parents. So, perhaps this is
24 > a bug in Thunderbird?
25 >
26 > > kashani
27 >
28 > HTH
29
30 same here, no thread problems with kde-base/kmail-4.4.11.1
31
32 Maybe you should really check your client.
33
34 Greets