From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 00:07:48
1 On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 18:20 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, the OP is using genkernel (wether it likes/knows it or not)...
4
5 This doesn't look like genkernel:
6
7 > I loaded the configuration file from my
8 > old kernel and then just make && make install
9
10 to use genkernel, you have to call genkernel. If he's typing make &&
11 make install, then he's just using the plain old kernel makefile.
15 There is not much to choose between a woman who deceives us for another,
16 and a woman who deceives another for ourselves.
17 -- Augier
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list