From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] imaginary nvidia-glx blocking qt
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:24:37
1 on emerge -uDpv world I get:
2
3 ===========
4
5 nick@sf ~ $ emerge -uDpv world
6
7 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8
9 Calculating world dependencies -
10 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "media-video/nvidia-glx".
11 (dependency required by "x11-libs/qt-4.1.4-r2" [ebuild])
15 !!! Problem resolving dependencies for app-arch/rpm
16 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
17
18 ===========
19
20 Trouble is I do not have nvidia-glx installed. I have nvidia-driver installed.
21
22 Other things:
23
24 1. yes it is a while since I emerged world
25 2. profile is x86/2006.1/desktop
26 3. nvidia-glx WAS in /var/lib/portage/world, but I commented it out, with no change
27 4. qt has a dependency: opengl? ( virtual/opengl virtual/glu ) - I suspect this of complicity in the problem.
28 5. This immediately follows an emerge -sync today, only thing I have done since then is emerge portage.
29
30 Can anyone cast any more light?
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list