From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] g-cpan not pulling in the correct depencies
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:52:31
1 On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:07:31 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > You do have the ("perl-experimental") overlay?
5 >
6 > Thanks Michael. I don't have that overlay. What would it do for me?
7
8 It's where other ebuilds wind up if no one puts them in the official tree.
9
10 So, if there needs to be some customisation of an ebuild, it *may* already be done in the overlay. And g-cpan should find it and use it, so may save some time and hassle.
11
12 > An improved g-cpan?
13
14 Unfortunately, not... BTW, there is a patch to g-cpan which hasn't made it into the tree. I haven't tried it but... looking at the code, it may help a bit with some blatant errors. Still, I don't think a CPAN 'bundle' is going to fly very well using this code... since I believe a 'bundle' really relies on CPAN doing the work, not a package manager.
15
16 HTH.
21 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
22 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org